What's new in the Galaxy S9 from the S8?
- A Blood Pressure Sensor is new in S-Health
- Fingerprint reader placement is now in the middle instead of at the top next to the camera.
(raised slightly, easier to find on the S9 than the S8)
- The earpiece jack doubles as a 2nd front facing speaker creating a stereo sound.
- New IRIS face scanning combining facial recognition and intelligent scanning.
- New 12mp Variable aperture camera (automatically switching for low & high light photos)
The Samsung S9 and S9+ are nearly identical devices where the main difference in the S9+ is the additional secondary camera sensor allowing for 2x optical zoom. Both the S9 and S9+ have an 8mb front facing camera for our selfies.
The S9 and S9+ introduced an animated emoji creation feature and after just 1 attempt, my bitmoji isn't an entirely accurate replication of me, but it was fun playing with it and well received by friends.
Bixby Vision is really cool, it is software built into your camera app to give you a deeper understanding of what you’re looking at. It uses object recognition to translate words, shop online, or identify landmarks.
Bixby Translate allows you to simply use your camera on the Samsung S8 & S9 to transcribe multiple different foreign languages.
"Today right now, you have more power at your fingertips than entire generations that came before you, that's what Technology is. It's possibility, it's adaptability, it's capability but in the end it's only a tool. What's a hammer without the person? It's not about what technology can do, it's about what you can do with it. We are living in the future we always dreamed of, we have mixed reality that changes how we see the world and AI empowering us to change the world we see. You have more power in your fingertips than entire generations that came before you. What will you do with it?"