When I got hired out of college in 2005 George Bush Jr. was president and the popular cell phones were the Blackberry, the Motorola RAZR and the Palm Pilot, this was 2 years before the debut of the iPhone. Many phones did not have GPS in them and they had a browser icon we would rarely if ever use.
In August of 2008 I was promoted to manager of the Enterprise Accounts Team, to this day it was one of my proudest accomplishments. I was able to accept the job and didn't have to relocate to California, I loved traveling back and forth but I did not want to sell my house in Illinois & reside in California, so I just commuted as often as I was needed. I LOVED flying into San Jose, staying for a few days and then flying home.
Over the last 10 years I have had some amazing experiences, I learned a LOT personally and professionally, I took some chances and I was stretched outside my comfort zone many times; but I am learning that is the only true way we are truly going to Grow.
I met some Great people and I was able to see some pretty COOL things along the way. Here are some of the pictures I took over the last 10 years, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
I met some amazing people along the way.
- We went to San Francisco and saw the Golden Gate Bridge, Las Vegas many times & went on the "giant Drop" on top of the Stratosphere.
- I flew to Canada with Blackberry and went to Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Nova Scotia in Halifax.
- My absolute favorite trip was to Victoria Canada after taking a ferry from Vancouver just north of Seattle.
- I flew back and forth to California many times and attended Management training where I met a longtime friend Phil Dixon.
- Annual Sales Kickoff Meetings in California, go karting and catching a few ball games.
- Meeting John Walsh at a Prepared and Readiness event in Chicago after hurricane Katrina.
- Trip to DC with Carl, Mark and Scotty seeing the Lincoln Monument, one of the best trips I have ever been on to this day.
- Japenese Steak House with the team I managed eating Hibachi and enjoying some down time after work.
- Ping Pong in the office and picking up Danny in the Purple Eclipse convertible on his first day.
- Driving to Detroit and Windsor, Canada for the first time.
- Many drives to St. Louis and visiting my friend Anna while she went to school in St. Louis and saw the Arch.
- Coney Island with Chris and Scotty, we ate at Nathan's hot dogs and went on the roller coasters.
- LA with Sandra and changing my flight to stay a few extra days getting work done but also getting my first tour of Southern California.
- Marketing meetings in Kirkland, Washington outside of Seattle.
- I ate Sushi for the first time and even ate the entire anemone bean , not till years later did I learn the proper way to eat anemone beans.
- I saw the Arch in St. Louis, Niagara Falls on the Canadian side,
- Going Public with TeleNav after years and years of hard work!
- Surprise party for Gayle and Mike as they retired + got promoted. Congrats to them.
- Watching Wolf of Wallstreet and Boiler Room with Nick and the Team in Oakbrook.
- Meetings with Softbank in Japan at 6pm (in the US) because it was 7am there.
- Getting a company car, first the Explorer and then the Ford Fusion.
- Wrestling with Kyle at his MMA class he teaches.
- Comedy club with Logan, Nick and Nick + Rager in Rosemont.
- Ping Pong in the Oakbrook office and Fantasy football with the Team.
- Helping Gayle as she ran out of gas driving home from Bloomington.
- Cleaning up the Oakbrook Picnic area 3 years in a row then BBQ'ing after and playing softball.
- Pickup games of Basketball Managers vs. Reps, so far we've lost all 3 times and the Rep's have won each time.
- I joined a Men's group hosted by Don and a few others at work and we meet once a month.
- We had a beer at the Haufbrauer House & Toby Keith's bar in Rosemont.
- I took a trip to our company Headquarters in Overland Park, KC and had great BBQ.
- I've done dozens of Trade Shows and spoke in front of over 100 people, who would have thought 10 years ago I would be speaking in-front of CEO's, Police officers, Fireman and other professional business Men and Woman?
- Sushi at Dao many many times with the team in Oakbrook.
- Japanese Steak house celebrating a good year with Mike and the team, Pinstripes with the team bowling.
- Gibson's Steakhouse with Eric after I won a $100 bet, thanks for the Steak Buddy.
- Chili Cook-off with my Dad & Eric for the Make a Wish foundation.
- We went to many Cubs games as a team & with co-workers, Go Cubbies.
- Many Thanksgiving team lunches in Rosemont, we have a lot to be Thankful for.
- We went to the Safe-house in Milwaukee Wisconsin, a bar which you need a secret password to get IN the place.
Some Gems in Black & White.
I stopped and smelled the Roses...
Rick & Dominic, thank you for having the confidence in me and bringing me to Sprint for the past 3 1/2 years, I enjoy working with you and you are such a positive influence in my career.
Thank you "TeleNav Tim" for giving me a chance 10 years ago, because that chance I was able to experience, learn and grow so much personally and professionally.
Cheers and thank you three for being such great friends and mentors.